Well, I tried dyeing again. I’m not as excited about this batch. I figured I would try using some muslin this time and cut it into FQ’s. I don’t know why some of them came out looking textured and some came out almost solid. I was trying to put them all in the containers the same way. See the difference? The first picture shows how some look almost a solid color and the next one shows how some look more textured (which is what I was trying for). I don’t like the muslin. It doesn’t have a high thread count so it’s not as nice feeling as the Kona I used last week. I’m not sure if that had anything to do with how the colors came out or not, but I know I won’t use it again.
I measured out the dye for 12 colors this time and just poured the left over dye solution in the other containers that I had ready. I put a little of this and a little of that, so some of the colors are real similar. I dripped some in one (on purpose) just to see what would happen to it. Sure enough, I can tell where the color landed on the fabric. It’s the 3rd one from the left.These all came out kind of greenish except the turquoise one.
These are yellow/orange.
And here are the pinkish ones. They almost all look alike!
I didn’t get the variety of colors like I did last time. I’ve been using the 3 colors and mixing them but I think now I want to just order the colors that I want to have instead of mixing the yellow and red or the blue and red etc. I’d like to have certain colors. I guess I’ll keep working at this dyeing stuff. It is fun!!
Well, that’s it for now. Have a great day!
Oh….. on the last post I saw an animals face ( dog was my first thought) and a tin man character!!
One thought on “I dyed again”
Dyeing is always a great experiment! I think you fabrics turned out great. They might not be what you were trying for but they are still beautiful colors.