Sudoku quilt is finished

Yesterday I decided to put the mini sudoku wall hanging I made, on the machine and quilt it. I used a variegated thread on it and I’m thinking that was a mistake. I think it would have been better to have used a matching thread. But it’s too late now. Here’s how it came out. After quilting it, I discovered that I must have used all the blue fabric on the sashing and borders, so then I couldn’t decide what color to make the binding so………..I cut strips of different colors, sewed them together and made a colorful binding. I’ve never done a binding like that before. I pressed the seams open on each piece, since the strips were cut 1 1/4″ they ended up to be 3/4″ wide. I didn’t want to end up with a lot of bulk in the binding. I did find that one corner had a seam right where the fabric was folded but it laid down well enough to look all right. I cut the binding 2 1/2″ which I could have cut it smaller and not had the double thickness, but……as they say, hindsight is 20/20. I made more binding than I needed so I had a lot left over. The picture shows the full binding and above it, the binding after I pressed it in half and then the edge of the wall hanging with the binding attached.  I don’t think I’ll be doing that kind of binding on anything large, but it was fun to play around with on this little piece. Hopefully someone will buy it at the sale.

Well, I guess that’s it for now. Have a great day!