New scrap quilt

I have a bad habit of “starting” quilts! I’m trying to get the ones finished that I’m currently working on but the fabric pile of leftover strips is sitting there piling up, so I decided to start sewing them together. Bonnie Hunter has a pattern called Basket Weave Strings. My daughter made one several years ago and I always liked hers, so I decided that it was time I made one for me!
I’m not using a foundation like Bonnie shows, I’m just sewing the strings together, then cutting them into the squares. I hope to make one square a day. I made 2 last night and 1 today. We’ll see how it goes. I made the first 2 blocks too dark, so I have to remember to use lights in them.


I’m caught up on customer quilts that need pantographs done, so I got both my batik ones quilted. Binding attached and ready of be sewn down. That makes 4 needing the binding sewn down. I might have to break down and do some by machine, if the pile gets much bigger.


I also finally finished quilting the huge Generals Wives quilt that I’ve been quilting. 125″ square. This is the last one on my list. I’ve done about 7 of these. 3 of them being king size! Whew!!


That’s it for now.