Design wall 3/13/17 more fun with strings & Triple play quilt

Life’s been busy the last few weeks and I haven’t had (or rather taken) the time to post anything. I did finish my Triple play quilt top and it’s quilted and bound. Yea!

We held our annual mystery lock in day earlier this month. Everyone was busy sewing all day and appeared to have a great time. We had lots of show and tell of last years mystery quilt, Knotty Times.

Also lots of Midnight Magic quilts from the 2015 lock in. 
It’s always fun to see all the different colors that the ladies use. They all look great!!

We are hosting another mystery day next month so  you’ll have to stay tuned to see our latest mystery quilt.

I finally got back to working on a new string quilt and I am currently sewing the rows together. It’s on the design wall this week. When I get time I will finish sewing them together and get the borders added on.

That’s it for today. To see more walls, check out www.patchworktimes.com

Theresa

Design wall 2/27/17 bindings

Actually my design wall is bare at the moment………I made a quilt last week using our Triple Play pattern. Here it is without the borders added on. 

I used two different marbled fabrics from The Quilted Treasures line.  It’s now finished, quilted and in the stack of bindings that I need to finish. I usually try to finish the bindings before the stack gets out of hand but this time they got away from me! I have 8 that are ready to sew the bindings down. 

So nothing is on my design wall this week. But there’s plenty on my plate. Bindings…….

Design wall 1/16/17 Dutchman’s puzzle blocks

We are having a row by row exchange next month at my guild and the theme is 1930’s prints. I decided not to procrastinate this time and get them done early. I still need to sew the 2 halves of the blocks together and then make 6 rows with 6 blocks in each of them. Good thing I started early on these. One down, 35 more to go……..👍🏻

Check out more walls at www.patchworktimes.com

Theresa

Shortcuts

I’m always looking for shortcuts to speed things up. I cut out my lock in quilt and decided that on the rectangles that need to be cut in half diagonally, maybe I could use the accuquilt cutter on them……

I used the 5″ strip cutter and laid the rectangles on it, matching up the cutting lines with the corners of the triangles.

Wow! That was quick!

After I cut all the rectangles in half for that quilt, I decided that I could cut the flying geese units that I’m making for another quilt the same way.

I’m doing the no waste method on them and after finishing the first step, I was able to cut them apart quickly!


I love shortcuts!! It didn’t take much time at all to get them cut apart. Wish I could find a quick way to square them up!😳

Oh well……a few minutes saved is better than none!

Theresa

Design wall 1/2/17 string quilt

I didn’t get much sewing done the last couple of weeks with Christmas, but I managed to find enough time to get the blocks made, the rows sewn together and the sashings added. The top is now ready to add the borders. I originally thought about just adding some plain borders to it but now I’m thinking that a string border would look good on it. Hmm…… we’ll see. Anyway, it’s on my design wall today, waiting for borders. To see more walls check out www.patchworktimes.com

Theresa